Friday, March 1, 2013

African Wardrobe Day at Church


 













The last Sunday in February at my church (Oasis Christian Church) was African day!! Members and guests were encouraged to wear African attire in respect to Black History Month! So, I decided to create African inspired looks by using inspiration from different countries using prints and colors.

I am a strong believer of transitional pieces so I decided to create my own looks than to go out and by a costume that I would only wear once.



With that being said, below are some example of separates that are fashionable and gives a modern spin on African historic styles. By using mixed prints and textures together with other patterns gives options of pieces that can be worn on a daily basis and are not just for costume.
 

Printed Separates Examples:

Theses garments are from Top Shop


This aztec inspired printed skirt
is a perfect piece for an African costume 
Perfect paisley shirt for an inspired African outfit  


Morrocan inspired print skirt
Morrocan Inspired skirt


My Shopping Experience:

My mom and I went to Dillards discount store and found some pieces that we liked. We both spent less than $20 on our outfits! :)

Here is a close up on the prints my mom and I decided to mix...






                                           

My mom and I :) We accessorized with brown and black wooden bead necklaces, and my mom has orange painted oval earrings. 























No comments:

Post a Comment